Thank you for using our services! All legal information related to the Adbit.biz website, platform and services can be found on this page.
In case you have any questions, or require additional support, please contact us by e-mail at [email protected]. Our support team will get back to you as soon as possible.
By using our website, platform or services, you are agreeing to the below terms and policies, so please read them carefully.
This page was last updated on January 3rd, 2021.
1. Data we collect about you
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data). We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together follows:
- identity data, such as, first name, last name and date of birth;
- contact data, such as, email address, mailing address and phone number;
- financial data, such as, bank account, payment card details and billing address;
- transaction data, such as, details about payments to and from you and other details of the Services you have purchased from us;
- profile data, such as, username, account number or password;
- technical data, such as, the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information (if applicable), browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our Website (including date and time), page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouseovers), methods used to browse away from the page and any information of yours related to contact our customer service team;
- usage data, such as, information you viewed or searched for and information about how you use our Website and Services; and
- marketing and communications data, such as, your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication responses.
We also collect, use and share aggregated data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your usage data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature. However, if we combine or connect aggregated data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
2. Methods of data collection
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- direct interactions. You may give us your identity, contact and financial data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email, skype and other messenger or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you apply for our Services, create an account on our Website, subscribe to our Service or publications, request marketing to be sent to you, enter a competition, promotion or survey, or give us some feedback, including report a problem with our Website;
- automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our Website, we may automatically collect technical data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies. We may also receive technical data about you if you visit other websites employing our cookies.
- third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive personal data about you from public domain, third parties (such as, analytics providers, advertising networks, search information providers and providers of technical, payment and delivery services) or other websites we operate or the other services we provide.
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of an agreement we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the agreement we have or are trying to enter into with you, including to provide you with the Services. In this case, we may have to cancel the Services you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
3. Use of your personal data
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- where we need to perform the agreement, we are about to enter into or have entered into with you;
- where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests;
- where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Legitimate interest means the interest of our business in conducting and managing our business to enable us to provide you with the best Services and the best and most secure experience. We make sure we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before we process your personal data for our legitimate interests. We do not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law).
Generally we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than in relation to sending third party direct marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us.
We may use your identity, contact, profile, technical and usage data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which Services and offers may be relevant for you (we call this marketing). You may receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or purchased Services from us and, in each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or by contact us at any time.
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us.
4. Cookies and similar technologies
5. Disclosure of your personal data
We reserve the right at all times to disclose any personal data that we have collected when: (a) permitted or required by law; or, (b) trying to protect against, prevent, investigate actual or potential fraud, security issues, technical issues, unauthorized transactions or other violations; or (c) trying to enforce the applicable terms of service or other agreements; or (d) protecting against violations to the rights, property or safety of us, our users or the public as required or permitted by applicable laws; or (e) you have given your consent to do so. Finally, we may transfer personal data to a successor entity in connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, partial or total sale of assets, bankruptcy, or other corporate change.
6. Data security
We adhere to the generally accepted industry standards to protect your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. Only our authorized employees, agents and contractors (who have agreed to keep personal data secure and confidential) have access to the personal data on a need to know basis.
Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password, which enables you to access certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
You agree and acknowledge that the Internet may be subject to breaches of security and that the submission of data over the Internet may not be secure. We strive to use acceptable means to protect any personal data you share with us, however we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
7. Data retention
We will retain your personal data only for so long as it is required for the purposes for which it was collected. This period may extend beyond the end of your relationship with us, but only for so long as is reasonably necessary for us to pursue legitimate business interests, conduct audits, comply with (and demonstrate compliance with) legal obligations (e.g. taxation purposes), resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
When your personal data is no longer required, we will destroy, delete or convert it into an anonymous form.
8. Third-party links
9. Age limitations
We do not allow use of our Services and the Website by anyone younger than 18 years old. If you learn that anyone younger than 18 has unlawfully provided us with personal data, please contact us and we will take steps to delete such information.
10. Your rights
Under certain circumstances, you have following rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data:
- right to request access to your personal data. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it;
- right to request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us;
- right to request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request;
- right to object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms;
- right to request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data's accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it;
- right to request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform an agreement with you; and
- right to withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain Services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
This version was last updated on 11.05.2018 and historic versions can be obtained by contacting us.
12. Contact and complaints